Detroit, MI | (313) 949-5769 | [email protected] | linkedin.com/in/timhinkle/
Nonprofit leader offering expertise in community building, stakeholder relations and building brand awareness. Superb, persuasive communicator that engages target stakeholders with clear, consistent messaging to advance organizational goals.
Province of St. Joseph of the Capuchin Order, Inc. – Detroit, MI
Director of Public Relations | May 2018 - present
Responsible for branding, media and community relations, executive and crisis communication for the midwest region of the Capuchin Franciscan Roman Catholic men’s religious order. Major programs include the Capuchin Soup Kitchen in Detroit and Capuchin Community Services in Milwaukee addressing homelessness, poverty and food insecurity.
- Managed media and community relations for simultaneous multi-million dollar capital projects in Milwaukee and Detroit, preserving and building community and internal relationships throughout.
- Launched the 16-page Sandal Prints magazine, delivered to 60,000 recipients three times annually.
- Led crisis communication throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, mitigating risk by rapidly communicating critical information.
- Responsible for mangagement of departmental budget, internal staff and outside vendors.
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Detroit – Detroit, MI
Director of Creative and Content Services | April 2014 - May 2018
Responsible for aligning internal culture and external image with the Archbishop’s vision for the Catholic Church in southeast Michigan.
- Partnered with the Capuchins, VisitDetroit and other stakeholders on communication planning for the Solanus Casey beatification ceremony at Ford Field in November 2017, attended by over 70,000 people and viewed live by millions around the world on TV and livestream.
- Oversaw a team of eight graphic designers, web content editors, social media managers and news reporters. Under my leadership, the social media audience organically grew 10-fold.
- Provided critical field support in Washington, New York and Philadelphia for Pope Francis’ visit to the United States at the request of the United States Catholic Bishops Conference, generating millions of social media impressions.
MCCI - Mort Crim Communications, Inc. – Southfield, MI
Web/Digital Manager | February 2010 - April 2014 and October 2000 - January 2007
Provided support to General Motors internal communications team as regular field producer and editor of GM DriveTime internal daily newscast, as well as global leadership e-mail messaging.
Led video, web, social and digital projects for other corporate, government and nonprofit clients including DTE Energy, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Eastern Michigan University, Gleaners Community Food Bank and Walsh College.
Northwestern University – Evanston, IL
Master of Science in Communication | 2018
Michigan State University – East Lansing, MI
Bachelor of Arts inTelecommunication | 2000
Detroiters for Parking Reform
Founding Member | June 2019 - Present
Collaborated on the launch of a new community coalition promoting the reform of parking policies to promote walkability, greater density, and affordable housing within the city of Detroit. My principal focus is managing web and social media channels and leading media relations efforts.
May 2021- Present
Volunteer communication support, including logo design and foundation pitch packages, for a start-up nonprofit aiming to redevelop the historic Ceciliaville athletic complex on Detroit’s west side.
Brush Up Brush Park
Associate Director, Co-founder | May 2015 - August 2017
Developed and executed neighborhood beautification initiatives. Built relationships with partner organizations such as Midtown Detroit, Inc., Downtown Detroit Partnership, Brush Park CDC and others. Sought to improve the physical environment through landscaping and cleanup, while building social capital among neighbors.
- Italian (B2/C1)
- Dutch (A1)
- FAA sUAS Remote Pilot (Drone) Certificate
- Mac OS, Linux, Windows
- WordPress, HTML, CSS
- Canon DSLR photography
- Videography and Final Cut Pro video editing